Performance Electronics, Ltd. (PE-Ltd) specializes in the design and manufacture of complete engine control systems for virtually any spark-ignition, internal combustion engine. We offer a complete line of fully configurable, stand-alone ECUs and accessories for everyone from OEM manufacturers to weekend racers.
What is an ECU?
– ECU is short for Engine Control Unit and it is the computer that controls all of the engine related functions. Each stand-alone system is 100% tunable using our Windows based software and a personal computer. Users have the ability to modify the fuel flow and ignition timing of the engine as a function of engine parameters. PE-Ltd engine controllers work with standard fuel injection and ignition components including aftermarket ignition drivers.
What is a stand-alone system?
– A stand-alone system defines an engine control computer that works completely independent of the vehicles stock module. Stand-alone systems typically replace all of the functions of the stock ECU.What can the Performance Electronics systems be used on?
– The newest PE systems are being used for a variety of different applications. Below is a partial list of where they are being used today:
- Large horsepower drag racing
- Street and show cars
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) for reconnaissance
- Mini Sprint and Micro Sprint fuel injection and ignition
- 2-Stroke fuel injection
- Snowmobiles and personal watercraft
- Street bikes
- Off-shore boat racing
- Professional quad and motorbike racing
- Open wheel road racing
- Experimental direct injection engines
- FSAE, Supermileage and Clean Snowmobile Challenge vehicles
One of our main design goals at PE-Ltd is to develop complete packages that are easy to install and use. We strive to make our systems user-friendly so that anyone familiar with dialing in a carburetor can successfully tune a vehicle using one of our engine control packages.